canon s820 printer - inside "gunked"

bytor

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I posted last year about problems with my canon s820, something being wrong with the blue (either cyan or photocyan) nozzles. I was trying to figure some things out....also asking about new printers at the same time....but got no responses at all....thought I'd try again with a related question however.

After trying several methods to unsuccessfully clean my old printhead, I finally gave up and just bought a new printhead. I was about to install it today but I noticed after removing the old one that the inside of the printer appears to have blue ink gunked up in places inside and I don't want to just put the new one in and have it get ruined by old ink getting into it or something like that.

The ink looks to be primarily deposited on the underside of the old head and the areas of the moving part that holds the head in the printer. But peering further in from the side I can also see blue ink discoloring part of the inside parts on the far right of the printer.

Any suggestions on what to do, how I should clean up the ink inside the printer? Or does it even matter?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

old thread:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4057#p4057