canon S200 no blue ink appearing

Arrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all !

The printer is 3yrs old but isn't used that much
B/W printing is fine and the current printhead is only a couple of B/W cartridges old.
When printing colour no blue is evident with pictures or type [reds and yellows are fine]
I've tried the maintenance routines - deep cleaning nozzle alignment etc with no improvement - the tests only print out black

I don't know if this problem is due to infrequent use [we don't print colour a lot] or a "compatible" cartridge, staples own brand.

Initially I thought the colour ink cartridge had run low so I bought a new canon one and the problem is still the same.

I've read a few posts here but am not quite sure what to try short of some of the manual head cleaning techniques mentioned.
If there is something else to try first I'd like to hear it lol

rgds

Arrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi thanks very much for the link

which of the techniques would you recommend I'm getting pretty confused with the alternatives mentioned and which version of windex to use etc

is isopropyl alcolhol the same as video head cleaning fluid ?

rgds

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Isopropyl alcohol at a pharmacy is $1 or less a bottle. I expect that the head cleaning fluid is mostly dilute isopropyl alcohol, but probably more expensive and worth saving if you still have a need for it.

Arrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thankyou fotofreek

Are there any diagrams online to help me on my way ?
as i've said I was hoping someone could simplify this for me as I'm finding the
info here a bit daunting to assimilate

thanks