Canon Printer Usage Data

Kamikaze

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Canon sent me an email asking me to participate in a survey in which they would connect to my printer and gather information such as pages printed etc. (I agreed as there is a possible prize of a Canon camera) As part of this process there was an opportunity to make a comment about the survey where I asked if they (Canon) could provide me with the information that was gathered.

After this process I found some FAQ's, at this location https://prg.c-ij.com/survey/printerdata/p164/FAQ.html

The FAQ, and answer, that interested me was...

"If there's a way I can tell how many pages I've printed, and get ink usage data, please tell me how.
Regarding your question about the number of pages printed and ink usage data, the data gathered in this Survey does not include any personal information. Therefore, we have no way of telling which data came from your printer, and are unable to tell you what the gathered data was."

Is it just me, or does Canon not even answer their own question???

Sorry for being so long winded, but my purpose for this post is to ask if anyone knows how to extract information from Canon printers such as pages printed etc. My current printer is a Pixma ip3000.

Thanks
Kamikaze