Canon prinhead interchangability IP4500<->MP600R

stuko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello fellow inkjet users. Please go easy on me since it is my first post here on this very useful forum.

I have a Canon MP600R and I need to buy a spare set of cartridges. I was looking in my local retailer today, and noticed that for the (retail) price of the 5 cartridges, I could actually buy a brand new Canon IP4500 printer (with the same 5 cartridges I need - and a bonus promotional offer of free photo paper and other stuff), for the same price as the carts alone!!!!!

So I got to thinking, that maybe I could also use the printhead from the ip4500 as a spare also. They have different part numbers from what I could see on the net, but they use the same carts, so does anyone know if the printheads are interchangeable?

What I found on the net...
MP600R uses printhead p/n QY60061000 (this is also used in the ip4300)
IP4500 uses printhead p/n QY60067000 (which has been superseded by QY6-0075-000)

I may as well just buy it anyway - just for the carts and bonus extras, but it would be a pretty sweet deal if the printhead was usable as well. So does anyone know?

Cheers.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The printheads are different... totally... you could use an iP4300 or iP5200 printhead in the MP600 but the iP4500 printhead is only compatible with the MX850 and possible one or two other high end Canons..

stuko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for that websnail. I will buy one anyway, just for the cartridges (and so will get a ip4500 printer basically for free!). I guess it just goes to show how much of a rip off canon cartridges are.

That is the reason I have ordered a chip "redsetter" and will be refilling my own, but I need a spare set of genuine carts - for those just in case moments. I had planned to only use genuine carts until my warranty expired, but they are even too expensive for that. I think they went way too far with their cart prices, ie. if they were half the price, I bet more than twice as many people would buy them (rather than refilling).

Thanks again.