Canon Pixma MX870 - 'ink absorber pad almost full'

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I searched for a parts catalog for the MX870 to see if there was a special power supply for Japanese printers, but I found no parts catalog. The Canon printers I have seen all have a 2 pin power input, so no pin for ground/protective earth.

Here is a list of mains voltages and plugs worldwide. Notice Japan seems to have two standards.

According to the parts catalog for the MX860 this model handles AC voltages from 100 to 240 V. It uses the same power supply for all voltages. There are photos in this catalog showing the same connection of the ground wire on Japanese and other models as for the MX870.

dalmatinodog

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX870
where to find parts catalog for MX860 or any other printer (if publicly available)?
p.s. thanks again for helpful information! I will leave my ground wires connected.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If the manual or catalog is publicly available, a Google search will likely find it. Beware of scam sites! Here is a Russian site with a download of the service manual and parts catalog for the MX860 in one PDF file. The download is clean. Click the button marked "скачать" to download. Beware of sites distributing malware and always scan the download before opening.

Latest posts