Canon pixma ip5000

Inez

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and just installed my pixma ip5000.
Before I get to my question, how do I indicate in my profile as I see other members do, the other printers that I use. My notebook canon bjc 80, by antiquated but reliable bjc 4100 packed away safely with cartridges etc. removed and cleaned so that it will work for me in a jam.
I couldn't see the area in my profiel as it usually is in other forums. Could someone please advise, thankyou.

First, my notebook that I am continuing to use until next month is a toshiba satellite 2410,pent 4, intel processor, 512 RAM, 1.9 ghz, 60 gig.
My new one is still in the box, it is a toshiba M50-MX5 and i have to set it up yet.

The nature of my question is this. I tried out a couple of pictures in my file and they were black and white and the printer did a fine job using the program that came with the printer and that was Easy Photo Print.

Then I tried 1 colour pic, with the same program and it did not come out well at all. I used the setting to sharpen the faces and clicked on comparison and i could not really see any and I tried to click on all subjects and it would not take a check mark.
This picture printed out in a 4 by 6 very poorly.
Idon't use a digital camera, I scanned the pic with my Canon LIDE 80 with optical resolution of 2400 X 4800 dpi,selectable resolution of 25 - 9600 dpi scannin bit depth for colour at 16 bit input/16 bit or8 bit output for each colour RGB and for Grayscale 16 bit input/16 bit or 8 bit output.

Since I am new to all of this there probably are some settings that I should be adjusting; however don't know where they would be.
The other program that came with the Pixma was the Easy Photo Tool Box.

I would appreciate it if an experienced member or mod could advise me as to what to do. Right now I am just practicing on plain paper since I don't really know what I am doing.

I really look forward to your comments, and probably will have to phone Canon tomorrow for their advice.

But Peer to Peer I always find is excellent help.

What photo paper should I use with the Pixma, does it matter? and as far as cartridges are concerned does it matter if they are not Canon as I usually get them from a retailer locally who has had excellent quality for my 2 other Canon printers.

Again I hope there is someone that can point me in the right direction here, best regards.
Noob from Canada!!!

A footnote....it is not my intention to use my printer for pictures on a regular basis. It is when I have one that I scan that I will then use my Printer. I thought that I should make that comment as members may think I am planning on doing photos all the time.

Also I note the workd "Profiles" in the forum and am not familiar with that term and how it affects the quality of the picture.
I really want Matte pictures as well and don't seem to see that paper available here in Canada, any comments.
Thanx again!