canon pixma 4200 ink problems..!!!

frankman27

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
recently bought this canon pixma 1p4200 nice printer but problems with the ink jet refill package...the sponge chamber will not fill after injecting and filling ink chamber hence now showing empty cartridge...followed all instructions to a tee so unsure of whats going wrong...any help will be grateful as i have started to buy replacements which are expensive..!!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
frankman27 said:
recently bought this canon pixma 1p4200 nice printer but problems with the ink jet refill package...the sponge chamber will not fill after injecting and filling ink chamber hence now showing empty cartridge...followed all instructions to a tee so unsure of whats going wrong...any help will be grateful as i have started to buy replacements which are expensive..!!
I think you'll find that it IS filling but you're finding the ink indicator on the printer is doing what it was designed to.. ie: detect refilling and throw you a "void your warranty?" query before turning off the ink level indicator completely for the relevant cartridge(s).

I could have gotten the wrong end of the stick here but I think that's what you're experiencing.

Is ink still flowing and printing ok?