Canon PIXIMA iP4300 + DPR-1260 Print Server

Venomelite

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently my older printer (HP Deskjet 5550) kinda took a dump on me so I have been looking at this Canon Pixima iP4300. While I like what I read about it, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience hooking this up to a Dlink DPR 1260 Print server? I didn't see it on Dlinks printer compatability list but with firmware updates for the print server that could have changed. If anyone has had any experience with these two devices please reply, and thanks for your time.

Venomelite

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well I got the printer today at Staples, and yes it does work fine with the DPR 1260 print server just in case anyone else has the same question as I did.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Venomelite said:
Well I got the printer today at Staples, and yes it does work fine with the DPR 1260 print server just in case anyone else has the same question as I did.
Really? Blimey I didn't think that was possible given the experiences I've had with print servers and Canons recently..

Can you keep us posted on the reliability of the unit, etc... Thanks

Venomelite

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Stability thus far has been a huge +, took me a little to get used to the printers new features (sry never owned a printer with alot of features lol) but once everything was delt with it runs great. Plugged it into the print server and it immediatly detected the printer, then just popped the driver cd into all the pcs that needed them and proceeded with the install. Network has 3 PCs, a PS3 and a 360 as well as this printer/print server. Never been happier.... love canon btw:) If there is any more specific information you would like to know just ask.