Canon mx432 printing issues

bex89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma mx432
I haven’t owned a printer before but tried getting one recently since my daughter started e-learning. And the stores near me were sold out so I bought a used canon mx432 at an estate sale. They did a test print and it came out good so I bought it. It came with a set up CD but my computer doesn’t have a CD/DVD-ROM drive.

So I get home set the printer up on wifi, DL “xp68-ein-mc430-5_56-ejs” and “mypr-ein-3_3_0-ea11_2” from Canon’s website to my computer. I made a quick image file to test and it only printed blue 😫 tested out the copier (set it to do it in color) and it only printed black. Then I DL the canon print app to my phone and printed out 2 photos that came out ok but at least in more colors then black or blue. Saw the maintenance options and read a little about it, did 2 regular cleanings and one deep cleaning and did a nozzle check after each. The nozzle checks didn’t coming out right. So now I’m here looking for help 😅 hopefully I’m just doing something wrong and I can figure it out.

Other info:
The person that had the printer before has it loaded with greenbox ink
5B14EC01-3F13-4A5E-B226-AFF289841321.jpeg

bex89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma mx432
Their test print
E6D35CC1-48FE-4695-A73E-A5A44400D6BF.jpeg

my first print
AF98B1B1-A323-4D2A-83A4-2AA0A78DCD54.jpeg

the prints from my phone
62EF21DA-66B3-4519-98D8-091FAB252B7E.jpeg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer is a two cartridge printer so it looks like you will need two new cartridges. Did they make the test print while you were looking and didn't change the cartridges after the test print? Sad to say but I find it hard to believe that their and your test prints were made with the same cartridges.

It looks like the tri-colour cartridge suffers from clogging and the pigment black cartridge looks to suffer from both clogging and en electronic defect.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, bex89.

The images you provided and the story you tell paint a good picture of your issues. Fortunately, you are in luck. Your printer uses only two cartridges and those cartridges have the print heads built right into them. All you need to do is buy two new cartridges and be done, hopefully. ***

What you need: PG-240 (Black Cartridge) and CL-241 (Color Cartridge)

I would not mess around trying to get your malfunctioning cartridges fully operational. Too much time and effort for possibly still malfunction. Yes, the Cyan and Magenta appear to be unclogging nicely and may fully return with additional printing and cleaning. However, the Yellow has not budged and millimeter, even got worse, and may be permanently gone, an electrical failure. Same goes with the Pigment Black nozzle check lattice where there is both some improvement and some worsening.

Flushing and then soaking these cartridges for days may improve all, some or none. Who knows. Because these cartridges are inexpensive the best thing to do is get new OEM or aftermarket cartridges and be done. The two cartridge printers have this advantage of the print head being built in to the cartridges themselves. Standalone print heads that you insert cartridges into can be expensive or even unavailable due to age of the printer's release.

*** Other things, for instance blocked waste ink tubing or electrical failure in the assay logic board, can cause similar loss of ink. Most likely yours is 1 or more of the following: clogged nozzles, burned out irreparable nozzles, ink starvation due to poor ink flow through the cartridge (sponge).

Try new or known working cartridges. Let us know how it goes.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’d go back to the original owner and demand my money back, then go and buy a new printer which would cost not much more, and whatever you paid for this printer, you were robbed..

P.S. With 5900 prints on her she’s near ready for the bin anyway..