Canon MP990 printing to OHP transparencies?

kacambridge

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new here and would like to ask if anyone has used the canon MP990 to print to OHP transparencies? If yes, did you print to the Canon OHP transparency film CF-102?

Occasionally I still need to make colour prints to OHP transpancies. However, it seems that not any of the current Canon All-in-one printers say 'transparencies' in the Media type of the product specifications. T-shirt transfer is listed but not transparencies. Can one assume that if T-shirt transfer is ok, then transparencies would be too or is this a generalisation that cannot be made? When I search the Canon site for transparencies, it comes up with all the older models like bubblejets which are not sold anymore.

I am thinking of getting the canon mp990 for my personal use, and the product seems to be very well reviewed with the exception that users complain about it using up ink very fast. Also that if you don't use it often, it wastes a lot of ink in cleaning the print heads. wonder if this is the experience with users here too? I won't be printing much from it as the bulk of my printing will be on the color laser, but I wanted a machine which I can use as a photocopier and has a scanning facility and be able to print to OHP transparencies.

Many thanks for your advice in advance. Thanks.