Canon MG7760 - fill carts with water?

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
50
Reaction score
30
Points
56
Location
New Zealand
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:
My MG7760 ran out of all ink 8 or 9 months ago when I bought a color laser, but it's been functioning ok as a scanner.
However, it threw a hissy fit yesterday when I accidentally hit the 'print' button and took me some time to reset it.
It occurred to me that I should maybe fill the carts with water to prevent this happening again. Would this work?

PS: I don't want to print from the MG7760, just scan. It then sends the image to My Docs, from where I manipulate it
with Canon utilities.
 
I assume it did have carts installed?
Yes. Isn't that necessary before a printer will operate?

BTW: Congratulations for being the first of 206 viewers to reply to my post. Just as well I managed to solve it myself.
 
I would of replied yes, water is fine, preferably filtered water. Further assuming that is what you did? Did you consider a refill kit of resettable carts? of the 4 inkjet units I have had in 20+ years all have been printers only. I don't know how a multi-function machine would respond with no carts if one was just 'scanning'.

The count is up to 230 now. Makes one wonder. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
I would of replied yes, water is fine, preferably filtered water.
Use of water in Canon carts is less than useless in maintain the print head, that is a sure way of burning out the head completely..
 
But if he is only using it as a scanner. where/when does the print head come into play??
 
It’s an inkjet printer not a water dispenser.. The heads still have to function to clean..
 
But if he is only using it as a scanner. where/when does the print head come into play??
Canon all-in-ones need to be fully functional. If the printer doesn't work because of an empty cartridge or other error, the scanner doesn't work either.
 
Didn't know that, I never had a multifunction Canon machine.
 
Just an apprentice question, and no solution to bypass the printer (in an AIO) ?
 
Back
Top