Canon iP5300 - Yellow Cart wont print even with new printhead

penmore

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had this printer about 14 months and have been using compatible cartridges with the lever monitor turned off. Recently the yellow cart ran out so I replaced the cart moving the chip across. I think the first time I installed it the chip fell of so I had to reseat it and reinsert the cart.

The first time I tried it the yellow was streaky so I tried nozzle cleaning but nothing improved, still not printing yellow. Tried cleaning the heads but with no improvement, so I ordered a replacement printhead. Even with the new printhead the yellow is not being printed.

The red light flashes when the cart is installed and I don't get any error messages - could it be that the chip is damaged or malfunctioning.

Thanks,
Peter

penmore

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Looks like I may have cracked this problem.

I've installed a new OEM Cartridge and the yellow is back printing. I'm waiting on a chip resetter and will then be able to confirm what I suspect was happening.

My theory is that somehow the printer decided that the cartridge was empty and to avoid any damage being caused to the print head it disabled the cartridge from printing. This must have happened after I replaced the cartridge and chip. However it is interesting to note that the chip must also have other functions rather than just a level indicator.;)

Peter

penmore

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The ink monitor for this cartridge was already turned off. I'm going to try resetting the chip to see if the cartridge with then print yellow - will post back and let you know.

Peter