canon ip4200 unblocked

engineer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printing failed on small black ink cartridge.
Printed test patten, no ink comming through. Used maintenance cleaning many many times, wasting other colour inks.
Tried putting print head in half inch of warm water a few times, got through slight amount of ink on print test, then no ink at all again.
Put print head in half inch of flushing fluid, did print test, did not work.
Thought probably need new printer, no good as it is. Looked at price of new print head 40+. Not going down that road.
Through all my attempts at cleaning 4 other inks still working perfect, so I had done no damage.
Knowing my printer was useless and going to end up in the dustbin there was nothing to loose.
Now boiled kettle, put one & half inch of very very hot water in soup dish, immersed print head into it, then poured hot water into print head where cartriges go, left for 15 mins.
Then shook print head about in dish to help wash it out, change water for more very very hot water, did this a few times.
Tinking then, probably a drop of washing up liquid would help to break down the surface tension and allow it all to wash out better.
I know it seems stupid to put soap in the print head, and can'not be recomended, but the printer was no good.
Did this a few times with very very hot water and washing up liquid, finaly just rinsing with pouring hot water fron kettle.
Assembled into printer IT WORKS 100% PERFECT
Will definately do this again if same problem accurs.
Hope this post can solve your problem.

Also seen posts about how to plug up refilled cartridges, I use shortened pannel pins pushed tightly into a hole drilled 2-3 thou smaller than pin.
More ideal would be a stainless steel or maybe brass pin.