Canon Ip4000 not printing text black(3ebk)

exxeroid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Help,
There has been much discussion on clogged heads, but I don't think a clogged head is my problem.
I don't want to get into a long story. I'll try to be breif and still cover all the facts.
I started getting light streaks in the colors. Tried head cleaning software to no avail. Took the head out and tried the common head cleaning tactics. Then had a problem with the yellow filling with black ink. Did not know if it was from the photo cart or the text cart. Text printed normal.
Decided I needed a new head. Ordered one and installed it. Then colors came out good, but black text would not. (comlletely blank), although ink was flowing through the head (ink level was dimishing) and ink was noticeable on the head.
Thinking the head was faulty, I called the place where I purchased it from and they sent me a new one. Same results. The company sent me another thinking that it could have been faulty also. Same results again.
Took it to a repair shop. They couldn't find the problem.
I hate the thoughts of having to go to an Ip4300 with the non generic ink problem
Please. Is there anyone out there that might have a solution? I'm getting way behind on my printing.
I paid $127.00 for this printer and they are selling for as much as $350.00 now.
Thanks
Exxeroid
P.S. The printer is a Canon Ip4000.orry for the omission.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
What happens when you try generics from other manufacturers....or use a Genuine BCI-3 Canon. If the same thing is happening with different heads, this leads me to think that it may be a fefective cartridge with a poor seal.

exxeroid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The cart I was using worked fine until I replaced the head. Also tried a different cart that I had refilled. Never had a problem using MIS ink. Tried so many times using black carts that the color carts started runnnig out because of so mant start ups. I'm affraid the ink pad that absorbes the ink will fill.
exxeroid