Canon IP3500 & IP4500

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if Canon IP3500 or IP4500 can be refilled ?
I've tried to search everywhere, incl this forum, but I got very minimal info on these new printers. Even if there is, somehow I don't find it quite convincing or there is not enough info on them.

Can these new printers be refilled by disabling the ink counter ?
Will the procedure be exactly the same as IP 4300 ?
Does it use the same button combination to resume printing as IP4300 ?
I've been waiting for 1 month for more refilling info on them, but I really can't wait anymore. Can someone advise me ?

Btw, I have another printer, HP Deskjet 845C which is still 99% brandnew. I bought it 4-5 years ago, and damaged the cartridge within 2 weeks. I bought compatibles, and tried to refill, and again I failed. The printer just wouldn't print. I got traumatized with refilling HP cartridges and decided to buy Canon printer at the time until its death recently.

Now I have 2 options. Either I bought Canon IP3500/IP4500 or trying again my old HP 845C. My need is very basic printing with very minimal quantity (say, 2-3 pages /week), so my HP845C will actually be enough.
Buying compatible cartridges for my HP 845C will be much cheaper than buying a brandnew Canon IP3500/IP4500, but I'm really traumatized about refilling them. I don't want to end up being costly when I damage the HP cartridge again during refilling, and end up still buying a new printer. I really don't know which way to go.

I want to know what you think.

PS: I can buy IP1880 for much less, but I heard bad things about the cartridges, so it is off my list.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Ip4500 can be refilled just like ip4300 could. You can download an ip4500's user's manual and look at the troubleshooting section. Look for information in the section about LED flashing code. It specifically tells you when to press what button for 5 seconds to disable ink level monitoring. I think you will find the same thing in ip3500's user's manual too. The user's manuals are available from Canon USA web site. Ip4500 is a much better printer than ip3500, especially if you plan to print a lot of photos. It will cost maybe $20 or $30 more only.