Canon IP3000 with new OEM ink will not print. Paper comes out Blank!

carlosian

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon IP3000. Recently replaced the ink and now printer won't print images (or text) on paper. It goes through the whole motion of a printing process and nothing prints. The paper comes out blank. I've exchanged the ink thinking that the cartridges were defective and the new set gives me the same problem. the ink is OEM canon. I've also removed the old drivers and installed the new drivers from the canon website, cleaned the printer heads with the deep cleaning option and problem persists. is this a common problem with this printer? I'm using windows XP SP2 on this printer. the printer does not have any error messages through windows and the ink appears full through the canon software.

what can I do?

thanks

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Disconnect the printer from your computer.

Turn on the printer. Make sure there is paper in the printer for where you have it set to feed from.

Hold in the paper feed button (the upper one) until the power light flashes twice and release the button.

The printer should do a nozzle check. If it spits out a blank sheet, you know that you have a problem in your printer and not in your computer.

Let us know what happens and we'll proceed from there.