Canon Inkjet Paper types

crazydiamond

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Okay - I got the ip4300 printer - nice printer.

They have a setting for "Plain Paper", also for "high resolution Paper" and then I thought I saw something like Haggi Inkject paper?

To me "plain paper" is the cheap copier/laser printer stuff. Never used that before in an inkjet printer

Then there is the inket paper sold in the stores. No setting for this that I can see in iP4300 printer options.

I don't know what Canon's High Res paper is like - but it is expensive.

right now I am using inkjet paper (office depot premium) and the "plain paper" setting in the print setup.

Is this right?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The major difference between plain paper setting and any of the photo paper settings selected on your printer is whether the pigment black ink in the larger cartridge will be used (plain paper) or the dye black ink in the smaller cartridge will be used (photo papers).

So, yes, you have the correct setting for that paper.

You should not use pigment ink on most photo papers because it won't be absorbed into the paper but instead rests on the surface where it can easily be wiped or scratched off. The advantage of using pigment ink on plain paper is that it won't smear, run, or bleed if the paper gets wet.