Canon i9900 ink question

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Well, I finally got this printer unpacked and installed a few days ago. Over the last few days, I've printed over 70 photos, all 13"x19", and I am astounded at the fabulous quality of the images...truly, they are amazing!

Many of these photos printed had a lot of of red, blacks and greens in them, and while I have had to change the cyan, magenta, lt. cyan, and lt .magenta cartridges already, the levels on the black, red and green cartridge have not dropped at all.

Can someone tell me just when and under what circumstances the printer uses the black, red and green cartridges?

The lt.magenta and lt. cyan are in need of changing for the 2nd time, so I can see that the printer uses these a lot.

But....what about the red, black, and green?

Thanks

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
On a iP8500 printer (same inks as i9900) my approximate ink usage was 4 carts of PM ink to 4PC, 3Y, 2M, 2C, 2M, 2R, 1G with either OME carts or BulkInkJetCarts in printing 8.5 x 11 photos of people and scenery and some plain paper prints.

Ink first gets used from the sponge chamber without much dop of ink in the ink chamber. There is a graph on the BulkInkJetCarts Topic of how ink gets used.

JV

Latest posts