Canon i960 works perfect again Thanks!

mnxd9

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:D I just registered to say thanks to all the people here that have taken the time and effort to make this a quality resource. Nice forum, great info :) Thanks to nifty-stuff.com (whoever you are) for providing a place for people to share info that benefits us all. You all rock!

I thought I had a bad printhead at first, then I found this forum, made me think twice, maybe it's just clogged, I bought some windex, and tonight I was going to tackle the job, as it turns out during the disassembly I noticed the vents were plugged on the tops of the ink cartridges, they are not OEM carts. I've used some other ones before, these ones are new to me, this forum got me to thinking what changed it's always worked perfect, it's barely ever used maybe they dried out, but it wasn't so long ago I last used it.

SO I vented them all correctly now and it works perfect again if this forum had dancing banna's and beer icons I'd post a whole lot of them in this thread seems to be a little issue with the packaging, I suspect the tab covering the vent is suppose to come off normally when you pull this little tab, but it was breaking early, and I never paid attention to it.

SO happy, I think I go back to canon ink though less worries and possible issues, I can afford it for the little I print, Though I really liked saving $10 a cartridge....

Thanks again!

Nick :D