Canon i960 NEW printhead-not printing these colors

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I Just installed the new printhead and Yellow, PM & Megenta will not work. I have tried deep cleaning and even cleaned the printhead without success. How would I know if its a printer issue. How can I fix it, Is it worth fixing.

Ian

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Did your old print head print any of these colors? If it did one or more of these colors you may have a bad new print head. Try to remove the new print head from the printer and put it on a wet sheet of soft paper tissue for a few seconds. Then look at the tissue and see it it has all colors of ink on it. If you don't see yellow, PM and magenta then these colors are clogged. If you see tham then the print head may have a electrical problem that may not be fixable. How are your cartridges? Are they in good working order? Having 3 bad ones at a same time is unusual although it is possible.

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried the 3 original printer carts from the old printer without success. I did manage to get black back when I changed the old print head for the new one. I will try the wet tissue paper to see if the colors come out all together. I also changed out the 3 original carts for 3 new sealed carts without any success.

Ian

digitalartist71

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i am guessing these third party inks are becoming the culprit for clogged heads anymore.