canon i950, please help,no yellow

Bob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Was having trouble. I was getting the flashing lights. So it wasn`t printing. I did the deep cleaning and soaked the heads in windex overnight,as suggested in another post. I still don`t get yellow. What should we do next. This is my second i950,you think I would of learned my lesson.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Assuming it is a clog, nothing else, you should be able to unclog it. Try a home made cleaning cartridge. Just get an empty OEM cartridge (if it is a Yellow one it would be perfect). Do a quick purging of residue ink out of it then fill it with Windex. Before plugging in the home made cleaning cartridge use a syringe to feed some Windex to the Yellow ink intake of the print head. It would be great if you see WIndex coming out from the bottom (from the nozzles). You want the Windex to reach the nozzles. Re-install the print head and all ink cartridges except the Yellow. Plug in the home made cleaning cartridge in the Yellow slot. Do one maybe two cleaning cycles. Then let the printer sit for a day.

After that replace the cleaning cartridge with a Yellow ink cartridge. Do a cleaning cycle then a nozzle check. If you see Yellow ink begin to show up you are in business. Repeat the process for a few times before giving it up. Chance should be good that it will unclog. You will have to waste some good ink from all other ink cartridges. You can justify such waste if you can recover your print head.

This is a known effective unclogging method. It is also very safe for the print head. Good luck, Bob.

Bob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
tried and still no yellow or mag. color