Canon i560 replacement

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If I have to replace my i560 printer which newer Canon model should I get that uses the same replacement inks and cartridges? Thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
There are no new models being made by Canon these days that use the identical BCI-3 and BCI-6 cartridges.

Depending on where you live,and how much you will be using your printer, you might waant to look at the ip3500, which is VERY inexpensive and uses 4 separate cartridges. However, in your case, you have a lightly-used i560 as I recall....so if you buy a printhead for the i560, that may be your best bet.

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Manuchau said:
There are no new models being made by Canon these days that use the identical BCI-3 and BCI-6 cartridges.

Depending on where you live,and how much you will be using your printer, you might waant to look at the ip3500, which is VERY inexpensive and uses 4 separate cartridges. However, in your case, you have a lightly-used i560 as I recall....so if you buy a printhead for the i560, that may be your best bet.
I think the problem is how to tell whether its a clogged printhead or the drive electronics. The nozzle check pattern is so regular in its deficiency (please see the nozzle check print pattern in my other thread) that it might be the electronics itself . So in this case I would be wasting the cost of a new printhead which is why I am thinking of a new printer that uses the same refill ink since I have quite purchased a few refills syringes a few months ago. Advise?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
When you say that you bougt "refill syringes" was that a generic ink that is suggested for several manufacturer's printers? If you continue to refill you should purchase refill inks that are formulated for Canon printers. If you buy a new printer with the chipped carts you will purchase ink slightly different from the previous inks that were used in the BCI-6 carts. Check through threads on this Forum for vendors that sell good quality aftermarket bulk inks.

sportflyer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bought these from Inksell and they were formulated for Canon printers that use BCI3/6 type cartridges. So I think safest alternative printers are those that use the same type cartridges.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that it was ink formulated for Canons. in the past I've only seen generic (identified as for several manufacturers' printers) ink sold in syringe-type containers.