Canon i455 waste ink storage tank

johnauk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I recently had 'flashing lights' on my printer which I subsequently found to be an error message to tell me that the waste ink tank was almost full and advising me to take my printer to a Canon supplier to have it 'emptied'. I then found on the internet that this message is automatically generated by the printer when the 'page count' reaches a certain level. I also learned that there is a reset code which can be entered by using the power and resume buttons to clear this down. I did this and the message has gone away- hooray. However my local Cartridge World shop have advised me that it would be wise to actually 'empty' the tank or eventually I will finish up with a pool of ink on my desk and carpet....... Does anybody know how to dismantle the printer to get at the tank, or is it a pad, and what is the cleaning/emptying process. Thanks.

Edit. I have got the cover off the printer without too much trouble but it's getting to the tank that is my current problem. Local shop said they would 'have a go' for 20 but my feeling is they were not too sure how to do it or if printer would ever work again.