Canon GX6050

hannahm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon gx6050
I have the above printer - it has the oem ink installed in the tanks and is about a third full on the black. Initially the magenta was blocked - I ran a few print head cleans, and a deep clean - still nothing. At this point the black was working fine. I ran some cleaning solution through the print head, thoroughly cleaning it, and also soaked the head in luke warm water. Then ran another phc clean - magenta started to come through, but now black is not working. Tried an ink flush and the Magenta is now coming through fine, however the black is now non existent. Removed the print head again, cleaned thoroughly with a syringe and printer cleaning fluid and again soaked in warm water. Black coming through the print head fine. Reinstalled and went to run another ink flush but now of course the maintenance box is full and it wont flush the black. Any ideas as to why the black is now blocked when it was working fine before?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Canon Megatank printers are plagued by air in the supply tubes to the printhead which is causing effects just as you describe them - the printhead is not blocked but you have air instead of ink supplied to the printhead nozzles. You may scan through these postings and/or find more on the internet about this problem

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...us-air-in-tube-issue.15342/page-2#post-134030

But you'll need to replace your full maintenance box first for any further action

hannahm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon gx6050
Thank you, yes I will have to replace the maintenance box, which is a pain, as I can't reset it with the WIC. I will have a look at the links.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Considering the hefty premium price of the Canon Maxify GX megatank series, in all logic the ink feeding unit should far more sophisticated and trouble free than the tubing system used on cheaper Pixma megatank printers. Sadly, it seems that this isn’t the case.
I feel your pain...:mad:

hannahm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon gx6050
Exactly - luckily I didn't pay the purchase price as I work for a cartridge company that sells printers - if they get sent back with hardly any use, they are sold for a very cheap price to the staff so only paid £20 for it!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Thank you, yes I will have to replace the maintenance box, which is a pain, as I can't reset it with the WIC. I will have a look at the links.
Just a FYI... You can't get a software reset for the maintenance box but you can purchase a chip resetter for the unit.

Aliexpress have them if you do a search for "MC-G01 resetter". I've not opened one of those units up (mostly because I've not physically held one as yet) but looking at the design it should be impossible to open the unit up and replace the pads with some absorbent material (or wash out and replace the existing pads). Whether you could retrofit an external waste tank? Not sure but it doesn't look to be impossible...

hannahm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon gx6050
Thanks for your reply. Yes I did remove the box and try to open up to manually clean/replace but it wasn't an easy task, however not impossible, so I will try this first. The boxes aren't too expensive though tbh and seeing as though I only paid £20 for the printer, its not cost me too much so far.