Can you recommend a paper for close-up flower photography?

Ash

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG5350
I would have a look at PermaJet papers. Their Oyster 271 is great and the Titanium Lustre gives a finish that's hard to describe :love but I'm not sure how it would work with flowers. They do test packs as well. Plus they do a free ICC custom profile service

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I have asked my daughter's father in law, what paper he uses in his Epson 7880 and 11880 printers. He is one of the top US professionals making images of close ups of flowers, with a permanent exhibition in the Smithsonian.

A Good recommendation I don't think you can get more demanding than that.

My daughter's father in law used to use Epson Somerset Velvet but has now changed to Ilford Silver Museo, as the blacks , which he usually uses for the backgrounds of his flower images are deeper with the Ilford paper.

Here in Canada we have had trouble with a consistent supply of Ilford papers. I really liked them until about 5 years ago when the company seemed to incur financial problems and the product vanish from the market place. They seem to have gone through several revised incarnations since then and I now see Ilford on the shelves again.

rs

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am no photographer and don’t use these speciality papers but from what I can gather, RedRiver make some of the best photo papers in the US, check them out, you can even get small sample packs..

I second that motion. These are some of the best papers I've ever used. I'm not a professional photographer, but I am a professional artist and a good reprint of my artwork is important. These papers do the trick. I order 50lb. premium matte, print two-sides, paper. It's just great.