Brother LC41 refill problem

lchristenson

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a problem with my Brother LC41 black cartridge that may or may not be related to my refilling of the cartridges. After the printer sits overnight (or sometimes even for several hours during the day), the black stops printing or prints very light. After running the cleaning routine, the black will print again. Is it time for a new cartridge? Does anyone think is related to refilling or just some other problem with the Brother printer? Let me know if anyone has suggestions. Thanks.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It could be a number of things, cartridge refill hole isn't sealed properly, low quality ink, to warm in the room where the printer is, or maybe the head isn't seating properly at the park station. Also it depends on the method of refilling you are doing, some refill through the bottom, some drill a hole and refill through the top somewhere. Lets start by you describing your refilling method, and where did you buy your ink?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This also can be caused by air pressure in the cartridge. Turn your cart upside down, insert your syringe at an angle, suck out some air, and try to print again. In any case, post your results here....

ppdoc

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Brother MFC465 CN multipurpose printer which uses LC51 carts. I have used inks from www.printerfillingstation.com for several years now and have never had a problem. I see that they now offer a replacement cart which is easier to refill than the original and I wonder if anyone has had any experience with these? Thanks