Best Inkjet printer for stationary

craigie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Quick question
I will be looking to print on various media to make up wedding stationery. The type of print will be anything from mixed text and graphics to full colour photographs and I will be hoping to print on heavy stock paper - at least 350gsm and higher if possible using, matt, gloss and silk finishes and possibly other textured paper and card - single sided and double sided.
I currently have a Canon IP5300 which is not up to the job.
Can anyone recommend a printer to suit the above criteria?
Please excuse me as my knowledge of Inject printers is very limited.

Sorry if I am looking for a quick answer to an in depth question

Thanking you in advance

Craig

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Inkjet printing on gloss papers, other than those specifically coated for inkjets, will not work. There are special art papers that can be purchased that can be used with inkjets. I've never used them, but I think that one online source to check out might be Red River. Dye based inkjet inks on plain paper or matte surface stationery may not give you the qualtiy you want for printing photos. Here, again, the best quality printing of photos or graphics on matte paper with dye-based inkjets is done on specially coated matte paper for inkjets. You can experiment, but you may have to search out the kind of special papers I've mentioned.