Ball plug lost in Tank ok?

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

I was trying to refill my carts(cannon bci-6). I must have banged to hard and the ball went into the tank(when I should have banged then used another tool to remove it).

Did I screw up and have to throw away the cart?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
No, the ball won't really block the output and it is inert. Continue on course.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
No, the ball won't really block the output and it is inert. Continue on course.
Thats good I probably will be posting soon my thoughts of my first refill.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Most ball plugs float if I'm not mistaken? Even if it doesn't float I can't imagine it being a problem at all, especially if it is one of the round ones.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Before using the screw/o-ring fill hole seal I created fill holes the way most directions then mentioned which was to drive the plastic ball into cart. I used the blue plugs with tabs that came from Computer Friends. They are really very easy to remove and replace, The ball inside the reservoir is no problem for refilling or use. When purging carts the ball sometimes wedged between the prism at the bottom and the inside wall where the reservoir communicates with the sponge filled compartment. A few taps against the sink loosened the ball. Just be careful not to tap the ink outlet on a surface as you can distort the surface and ruin the seal.

Bertil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Why not use the German method?Since I started using it refilling is much simpler and cleaner.The only problem could be to find the little channel between the sponge and the inkresorvoir-at the very bottom.If you fail the first time,just try till you succeed!The needle should be long enough though.And you need to drill a little hole.You find the method also in this forum somewhere-otherwise at www.druckerchannel.de.Also in English.
Good luck!
Bertil