Artisan 800 pulls multiple papers at a time

drames

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just bought an Artisan 800 from bestbuy.ca with a 4 year placement plan for good measure.

I print both photo-like documents (mostly flyers for marketing and advertising) and text documents for lecture notes.

I've noticed that the 800 pulls about 2-3 papers instead of 1 page about 5 times for every 20 page document.

It's really annoying and wastes a lot of paper. I also use the duplexing feature to save time and space. I flip the papers when I get a prompt from the Epson software -> and then if it pulls multiple papers when printing on the other side, the order of pages gets completely messed up.

I thought I'd consult you guys before I called bestbuy/epson --> I don't trust customer service as much as you guys.

Also, I'm using multipurpose paper from OfficeDepot that I bought from a big clearance sale last year, however it was packaged and it looked perfectly fine to me when I put it in the Artisan 800 tray.

If I call epson, they will just try to sell me their expensive paper, and blame it on the paper not the printer.

I don't think its the paper: http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/03/16/epson-artisan-800-all-in-one-printer-review/

Another user in the above link said he used office max paper, and it worked fine with the 800.

Any help guys?

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Your link is broken.
You might look at the paper weight of that that you are using.
I haven Canon inkjet printers and Canon recommends the following:

"Weight
64 to 105 gsm (17 to 28 lb) (plain paper except for genuine Canon media)
Do not use heavier or lighter paper (except for genuine Canon media), as it could jam in the printer."

Most Inkjet paper runs 24 lbs in U.S. office supply stores. Your printer instructions should provide paper weight recommendations. Regards

drames

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
FIXED:

I found this issue, and its not the paper. In the paper tray, the EPSON manual tells you to squeeze in the gray tabs to the size of the paper. Leave a centimeter or so of space between the edge of the paper and the bottom grey tab. If you take out the tray and shake it up and down a bit, the paper should move up and down a little.

I was pushing the tabs too tight, forcing the sheets of paper too close creating the multiple pages feed problem.

Also, I recommend fanning the edges of the paper before you install it, and not putting in too much at once. Once it works, this thing is really good for duplex, even if its manual duplex.