Artisan 1430 power plug pushed inside printer. Any simple fixes to secure it again?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
This is a new one for me and I'm hoping there's a simple MacGyver like fix to secure it again. I included pictures of the plug that's been pushed inside the printer, and also a picture of a 1430 mainboard that shows the plug in it's normal position. I have some very fine jewelers pliers to gently move the female power plug end around. Anyone have any ideas to make it secure again that doesn't require dismantling?

After some thought. I'm going to JB Weld epoxy the plug back in place. I'll post the results when I'm finished.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 75
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    595.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
If anyone pushed the power plug in too hard and broke the female end inside the printer, this is a pretty straightforward fix. I used a pair of very fine jewelers straight pliers and very gently pushed the female end in just enough to apply some JB weld on the inside of where the black clip and grey female plug will meet. I applied JB weld on the inside of the black plastic clip and around the edge before gently pulling the female plug end back into position. I used a Q-tip to apply the JB Weld and also one to hold the plug in place while it's curing. When everything was in place, I stripped a Q-tip end and carefully twirled it around inside where the prongs are to make sure it's a flush fit once plugged in. I'll apply another layer of JB Weld on the top where the Q-tip is resting in the picture afterwards. But I'm confident this will hold very well once both applications are cured.

Attachments

• image.JPG
    image.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 66