Anyone know of a CD label printer besides Epson

egeefay

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does anyone beside Epson make an injet printer that will print on both 8 1/2x11 inch sheets as well as on DVD and CD printable discs?
I have an Epson but not happy with it. Looking for another manufacturer

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I will assume you are in the US. If so, Canon printers such as the ip3000, ip4000, ip6000D and the newer ones such as ip4200 and such can be made to print onto DVD/CDs. The Canon printers come with the DVD/CD printing disabled in the US (it is enabled on printers sold elsewhere), but it is relatively easily enabled. There are several threads in the Steve's Digicam forums: (http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=40) that tell you how to do it. One of the threads - the original one - was about 70 pages long the last time I checked. You will find a couple of links posted that summarize the technique for specific printer models. You either need to build a tray, buy one on E-Bay or even modify the one from your Epson. I have modified my Canon ip4000 and it prints onto DVDs very well. I was lucky enough to get trays from Canon USA Parts when they mistakenly got some in stock back several months ago - they sold out very quickly and realized they shouldn't be selling them here. Before I bought the trays I made two different forms of homemades that also worked OK. Read the threads - there are at least three - it has been done by many of us and everyone seems happy with the results.

Steve W.