Anybody try the new Epson R260 or R380?

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Iam thinking of getting a new photo printer. I currently have the Canon iP5200 and refill the cartridges with in from the now sold WE-INK, and visually checking the ink levels before printing. I noticed that Epson finally came out with a fast photo printer. Has anybody got one yet? Are the cartridges resttable when they come out with a replacement ink? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I am wanting a fast photo printer that has good pint display life and easy refilling.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye to see what Epson comes out to answer Canon's challenge. The new cartridges look to be different physically from that of the R200/220 series. There is now a tape to be removed and it looks to serve the function of an air vent relief from the bottom of the catridge. There are two sets of hooks on the cartridge. Download their user manuals to take a look.
It also looks like they kept the space above the print head very tight to make CIS installations difficult.
The physical shape of the chip carrier looks to be the same. I have a feeling that refilling this one might be a challenge compared to the previous.

Latest posts