Analog Lps vs. Digital and what does it have to do with photos

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@martin0reg I googled the Makina 67 camera and it looks impressive, maybe Hasselblad class. I didn't know that you could still buy films, but it looks so, here is a Danish site. Remember the famous Ilford FP4 and HP5 films? I wonder if you can still get films developed if you don't have a darkroom yourself? I have a Pentax K1000 with original 55 mm F2 and Auto Chinon 135 mm f2.8 lenses. Maybe I should buy a film and try the camera again? I have a 35mm slide/negative scanner, so I think this could be called hybrid photo - Silver for the negative and Silicon for making the positive.

I am using Firefox as my default browser and recommend it as it offers spell checkers for both British and American English. I'm using the British version as British English is what I learned at school many years ago.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I wonder if you can still get films developed
I can in Ohio at Dodd Camera and they sell film. Great shop since I was a kid. Try photography shops that did their own processing/printing as they still might.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
It's no problem to buy film, B&W, color, negative, positive, 35mm or 120/rollfilm.
I can even let process and print ("chemical") the exposed rollfilms at some drugstores, for the same price as 35mm. But developing and printing B/W in your home lab today is as easy (or difficult - depending on your knowledge..) as it was 30years ago. All accessories are available.
https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/
https://www.photrio.com/forum/index.php

So I want to go back to the true baryta "prints" (which are not really printed)
First "photographic prints" came out of the last "bath" very nice ... but now there are other issues than with inkjet printers, actually I am searching for the best way to get a flat print after drying..

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I wonder if you can still get films developed if you don't have a darkroom yourself? I have a Pentax K1000 with original 55 mm F2 and Auto Chinon 135 mm f2.8 lenses. Maybe I should buy a film and try the camera again? I have a 35mm slide/negative scanner, so I think this could be called hybrid photo - Silver for the negative and Silicon for making the positive.
Just try it, don't expect to get better "IQ", expect the experience of a new old way of making photographs. At the drugstore I can order a CD with image files, not of the highest resolution but enough for the hybrid way.
My aim is processing also the wet print, at least in B/W.. but I admit you need a dark room..

Latest posts