Am I screwed - New Epson automatically updated firmware at install?

Seano

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum and have a few questions. I have recently purchased an Epson Artisan 837 and have been printing a lot using a CIS I recently purchased online. When I say printing a lot I mean a couple thousand pages front and back easy. I have been able to troubleshoot a few issues I have had like chip installation issues with the CIS and a few other minor issues. My newest issue is kind of hard to explain but I will try, my printer prints a few pages than shuts itself down completely. No lights at all. I can print one sometimes two and even once I printed four pages with-out shutting itself down. I have read numerous forums and seen multiple videos talk about a waste counter being to full and the printer saying it needs some sort of service. , but have yet found anything about what the 837 does when it malfunctions in the same manor. I do not know if this is a related issue or not. I do know the hardware is very good with this model but am wondering if I printed to much and the printer just got to hot printing so often or if in fact this is a "waste" issue. If I could get some help it would be awesome, I could send the printer in but am scared they will void the existing warranty. Please advise

Thanks Sean