All in one printer - 50 max budget - can you help me please??

octopub

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to all of this and really need help as my daughter wants an all in one printer for her birthday and I do not know where to start as there are so many. I have seen o few on Currys/Argos etc which are reduced in the sales but I am unsure if they are any good. I have a budget of about 50 & ideally would like one that does not require exspensive refills.
If you can help me in any way at all it would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
If you could stretch your budget to around 75 (I know this asking quite a bit) then I'd consider an MP610 from here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet

...or possibly one of their MP510's... actually more likely the latter.

From there you should be able to locate and purchase 3rd party inks for a lot less than you used to have to pay out... But I would take a bit of time looking around as the quality varies. If you really want to save then looking at refilling (lots of info on that around here) then that would be well worth the time but as it's for your daughter probably not ideal.

I would definitely avoid Epson multifunctionals as the ink tends to clog very quickly, and much the same for HP's and definitely forget about Lexmark (useless POS that is - piece of...[you get the idea])...

That's just my opinion mind and I'm sure a few others have theirs to throw in :)