Adjusting Epson Stylus CX6600 Color Levels

jestle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I chose the Epson Stylus CX660 because of the permanent dye ink. (And the Scanner/copier and front camera card ports) This is by no means a professional demand. I am currently using it to copy heritage photos for scrapbooking without going through my PC. Yes, I'm a little obtuse here. My sepia photos are coming out with more magenta tint than I want. It's not bad, just noticeable to me. Do I have to scan through the PC to change the color level? This printer does most of what I need to do independently of the PC, except make color adjustment easy. I can't find anything in the online guide. --jestle

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
When you go to print a document, look for the "main" tab. On the lower right, you should see a button marked "advanced". In there, you will have an option to adjust your colours. Simply put the magenta slider at -20%...and see if you get better results.

Good Luck!!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a thought but what inks/cartridges are you using?

If you're looking for permanence it'd be worth checking that you're using something that isn't going to fade to nothing in a few months, or a year.

Jamin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Are you using an EPSON original cartridges or an OEM cartridge in your CX6600?

For original cartridge of magenta, you can choose another paper and test again.

But for a compatible cartridge of magenta, I think it would be better to change another brand of cartridge.

If you are using a CIS for your Cx6600, you can add 20% distilled water into your magenta, then the color of your sepia photos may be better.