Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Two stories for the only group of people that will truly appreciate them: :D

Story 1:

Some of you know that about 3 - 4 years ago I happened upon a sale at Fry's Electronics where I found Refurbished Canon i560 printers for $29 each. Pretty amazing when you consider these come with "new" printheads (in the metallic wrapping) and a set of new OEM Carts (alone worth the price).

I felt like a kid in a candy store and purchased 3 of them :D. I even talked a friend into buying one. Well they all sat in my storage shed until a couple months ago when my MP750 kicked the bucket and I decided to go back to a trusty ol' i560. I realized I'd probably always use one of these as my primary printer. They are solid machines, easy to refill, and don't use chipped carts (oh, and I have 3 of them).

Well, today I get a call from my friend that he stumbled upon the old printer I had him purchase and he wanted to know if I wanted it. "HECK YA!" I even paid him an extra $10 for storing it for 3+ years. :D

So, now I've got one on my desk and 3 in storage as backups!
woot.gif

Story 2:

I was digging through some old boxes and found a large ziplock bag with about 20 very old (9 years at least) BC-05, BC-02, and BC-06 from my trusty old Canon BJC-1000 printer! Boy was that thing a workhorse! The carts didnt hold much ink, and the tri-color carts were a pain, but there wasnt anything I could do to clog the printheads! Id even print using water and/or alcohol mixed with ink anything worked in that printer! Were it not for the pretty low print resolution, low capacity carts, and need to swap out pigment for tri-color, I'd still be using that beauty. It was my first experience with a Canon printer and my first successful attempt at refilling (I was HOOKED from then on).

I'm not sure why I kept them. Probably originally because I thought I could referbish them and sell them on eBay, then because I thought I could recycle them in exchange for the free ream of paper from the office stores. Well, thanks to ghwellsjr they will be on their way to Staples in the next month or two ($3 a piece in rewards cash). It is times like this Im glad for my hoarding issues. :rolleyes:

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
We need to thank stratman for informing us of the Staples rewards.

By the way, you might think Office Depot has a similar program--it doesn't. Don't take your cartridges to Office Depot, take them to Staples.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Story #3: Robs wife has threatened to beat him senseless if he doesn't actually sell, dump or otherwise dispose of some of his "junk" (her words minus the expletives).

;)

... oh wait... I lie... that was my wife... :D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for the gracious hat tip, ghwellsjr.

I remember whan Office Max was the only place that accepted Canon cartridges. They let you use the dollars immediately. Now, Staples is the only one in my community that takes Canon.

I am grateful for the little things. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You're welcome.

Yes, when someone pointed out that Office Max was taking up to five cartridges per customer per day and giving $3 each, I bought a lot of good HP Bright White Inkjet paper.

Office Depot will also take up to five Canon cartridges per day for $3 each, but you have to have spend $3 in one quarter for every $3 you get rewarded in the next quarter. It's not like the program OfficeMax had or the one that Staples has now. Stay away from Office Depot's recycling program.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
ghwellsjr said:
Stay away from Office Depot's recycling program.
Ya, at least until Staples changes their program (which hopefully they won't do until I run out of extra Canon carts) :D