9000-2 SSM info ... ext nozzle check? WastePad count reset?

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I've got access to a SSM (simplified service manual) for my iP4500 . It describes button push sequences to get an extended nozzle check, expanded info from firmware/eeprom, resetting waste-pad count, and other options. This info is pretty easy to find on the internet.

I'm hesitant to assume the same sequences apply to my 9000-2 ... probably at least 50/50 but could cause havoc if they weren't the same. Ouch.

I did contact Canon support to ask this quesiton ... I was surprised/disappointed by their answer:

Unfortunately, we are not aware of any combination of button pushing that will print an alternate nozzle check.
If might be outside "Fair Use" to put the info on a public website, but I would appreciate getting the info from a 9000-2 owner with a service manual or SSM, possibly via email. My speculation is that the 9000-1 and other printers in this same family might be the same, but that you know about assumptions??? ASS.out-of.U.and.ME

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you asked for the way to get an alternate or extended nozzle check, you could have gotten that response. Ask instead how to get the printer in to Service Mode and how to navigate the different options.