6000 colors off - color profiles and settings help?

haeffnkr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

I have tried to search for my answers but I have not found anything for my printer or pixmas...sorry if I missed something...

I have my pixma 6000 up and running again after a new print head.
My inks are factory and hobbi-colors brand.
I have a nice Canon S2 camera.

My pics always come out to dark, like you need to increase the brightness a little bit.
My pics are not this dark on my 3000 printer, but of course the pics are clearer on the 6000.
They do not have the same brightnes as what they show on my monitor - that is what I am trying to fix to get my pics to look as they do on the monitor.

So - I have not ever dealt with or changed/etc the color profiles.
My default profile is CNBJPRN2
I have 5 others besides this one - Do I change profiles? How do you know what one is best, with out printing a pic with each.
Is there a standard/customized one folks use that I can download/someone mail me?

I use Canon Glossy Pro paper
Have the preferences settings to high Quality - Glossy paper -
There are several other setting that I do not have on - Vivid Photo - Image optimizer...etc.
Color adjustment is auto...I guess I start there?
Are there some standard setting folks for their 6000s?

Any help would be appreciated.
Happy 4th.
thanks Kevin
haeffnkr at gmail dot com

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
haeffnkr,

Use the forums search feature and search for color AND management (without the quotes). There are quite a few posts on the subject start here.

A few comments:
1. It will be very difficult to control your color when using a mixture of inks from different sources. If you are going to refill, use that ink in all carts. Dont be surprised to see your color drift for a few refills unless you first purge the OEM ink from your carts.
2. Unless your monitor is calibrated, you cant rely on what you see on the screen for anything.
3. Many printing packages are not color aware, and they rely on getting the driver set up properly.
4. Plan on doing a LOT of reading if you want to learn about setting up color management on your system good luck!

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If you print is too dark it may be just a simple setup problem. Many Epson owners have this problems too. If you google "Epson print too dark" you will see a lot of Epson printer owners having the same problem. I don't think it is an issue of mixing different ink. It is a simple setup issue. You can experiment by changing setup and figure out what is causing the problem.