5 of 6 Canon i960 nozzles blocked

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have tried unsucessfully to unclog these nozzles (cyan,yellow,black,photo magenta & magenta) using the FAQ's and the forum. Can anyone help me out, or do I just need to bend over and buy a new print head.

TIA,

Ian

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have a canon i960 that is banding and thought it might need a new printhead. Switched printheads with my other i960 - appears that both the printer AND the print head have gotten glitchy. My fear is that if you purchase another printhead (expensive) you may find that there is also a problem with the printer. Have a friend with an i960 that you could try their printhead in your printer? I looked up the retail cost of the printhead for this printer and it was $135. There is probably a vendor who discounts it, but once you've bought it you own it. It is a crazy marketplace where you can replace a printer for a little more than the cost of the printhead! If the new pixma printer aftermarket carts and inks were readily available I would just go for the six color replacement. I think it is the 6600D. I've seen it on sale with a rebate from Amazon for $139 after rebate.

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just looked at the eeprom and there appears to be a couple of copper wires broken in it. I just purchased a replacement off Ebay for $88 (including overnite shipping) I hope this helps me out.

Ian

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cprems said:
I just looked at the eeprom and there appears to be a couple of copper wires broken in it. I just purchased a replacement off Ebay for $88 (including overnite shipping) I hope this helps me out.

Ian
I Just installed the new printhead and Yellow, PM & Megenta will not work. I have tried deep cleaning and even cleaned the printhead without success. How would I know if its a printer issue. How can I fix it, Is it worth fixing.

Ian

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
IF the printhead was a new sealed unit there is a reasonable expectation that is is good. (That said, however, new printheads have been known to come in defective.) Are the carts known to be good? Are they the same ones you were using when you had the problems with the original printhead? If they were, you need to put in known good carts. then, by process of elimination I would suspect that the printer is the problem. The only user maintenance item I would think to try would be to clean the contacts in the printer that power the printhead.