3880 Epson Printer Monitor Quit Unexpectedly

SkinnyWilbo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey, thank you all very much for being here. My first visit.

After a short learning/frustration period, everything was going very well with my new Epson 3880. Not knowing when to leave well enough alone, I was poking around trying to find a way to keep a good printer job log. Found something called Printer Monitor (first item I saw and attempted to open was Printer Watcher) opened it and turned it on. Now every time I print something, error message "Epson Printer Monitor Quit Unexpectedly" pops up and then 2nd sheet will not print. I have to go into Applications re-open Printer Utility, which then finds the printer, and I'm good to print one more sheet, and then the whole process repeats. So, I can still print, but all the extra steps between each job is extremely annoying/time consuming, and I cannot put more than 1 item in the queue, because the queue gets dumped every time the Printer Monitor kills the printer utility.

I've looked all over to try and find the Printer Monitor to turn it off. Tried the ancient Mac trick of deleting the Printer Preferences but can't find them. Deleted and re-installed the drivers and the Epson Guide, but the problem came right back up after re-start. Stumped.

Help much appreciated.