12 volt printer ???

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Jeez, rprouty, between eating a bowl of noodles with chopsticks while reading the paper, while talking on my handheld cell phone while surfing the internet on my laptop while driving at 70 miles per hour, I just don't know if I can handle one more task!

I don't know if this link will function because it is so long, but there are HP printers that appear to be what you are looking for.
http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ct...ortable printers&tafcjnef=fy08&ppc=CCp9305859

I have used a PC computer for navigation on a boat with an inverter plugged into a cigarette lighter recepticle. It was a little glitchy, so we went to a dedicated computer- based Nav unit that actually had better software. It tied into our autopilot seamlessly and is hardwired to the 12 volt power system. Never tried a printer, however. Any printer should work OK with an inverter, and that might be the cheapest workaround.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
fotofreek said:
Jeez, rprouty, between eating a bowl of noodles with chopsticks while reading the paper, while talking on my handheld cell phone while surfing the internet on my laptop while driving at 70 miles per hour, I just don't know if I can handle one more task!
What?? You mean you don't have GPS receiver? Or is that included in the driving part?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
fotofreek said:
What?? You mean you don't have GPS receiver? Or is that included in the driving part?
OOPS! Forgot to mention programming my GPS, making a selection on my MP3 player, and enjoying (deleted) with my girlfriend while passing an 18 wheeler big rig on a curve, facing oncoming traffic on a two lane road.

yachtman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Help. I'm looking for a 24 volt printer to print invoices in the truck. Or if someone can tell me is it difficult to modify a printer and wire it into the trucks system, maybe via a car charger? The portable printers cost a bomb in Australia for some reason.