Recent content by pebe

  1. P

    All colours faint MG5250

    Hi Ian, I used a syringe to deposit water (containing a few drops of ammonia) on to the pads as described in your link. It remained there. I closed the lid and did a head clean. The result was as before. I opened the lid and got the carts to the centre and found the water had gone. I was not at...
  2. P

    All colours faint MG5250

    Pigment black OK. No yellow and no photo black. Magenta and Cyan both showing 2 faint bands each instead of 3 bands for each - 1 band faint and 1 fainter band (it obviously couldn't make the last one). The bands are clean and even - ie. No gaps in the print from missing nozzles. I tried a...
  3. P

    All colours faint MG5250

    Pigment black is OK, so from what I have read I suspect the purge pump colour tube is blocked or disconnected. I have downloaded the manual for the MG5220, but the dis-assembly procedure to get at it looks daunting. Is there a short cut that will enable me to see the connecting tube?
  4. P

    mp640 no longer prints color

    Are the coloured parts missing or are they shown as shades of grey?
  5. P

    blue chip resetter canon - can they go bad?

    Your local retailer was right. A digital multimeter effectively measures the battery voltage off-load. Best use a 150ohm 1/4watt resistor to put a 20mA load on the battery. Use the crocodile clips of your multimeter, connect it across the resistor (either side of the body) then bend the wire...
  6. P

    refurbished print heads from china

    On two occasions I have had full refunds from PayPal for faulty items ordered from Ebay.
  7. P

    Pixma mg5150 error #5100

    I have tried two lots of compatibles, and there is no guarantee that an OEM set of carts will fix my problem. But for the cost of a set of genuine Canon carts I can buy a MG5150 refurbished by Canon and guaranteed for 12months - and know it will work.
  8. P

    Pixma mg5150 error #5100

    The printer was set up for printing from the cassette. I thought Id check the back feed setting to see if it was a paper feed problem. I managed a printout of the nozzle check and the result showed all nozzles working correctly. Yippee! Then I printed two pictures - again they were perfect. So...
  9. P

    Pixma mg5150 error #5100

    Thanks for all the information, everyone. I have now received new carts and fitted them. Still the fault persists. So I have thoroughly cleaned the timing strip - again the same fault shows. So armed with the know-how on how to disassemble the case, I'll now look further. I notice that when I...
  10. P

    Pixma mg5150 error #5100

    @Top Hat Thanks for the info. On a second reading of the manual I found the #5100 fault described as you said it was. So I removed the carts and print head but could see no sign of paper or anything that would stop the head from moving. I wiped the underside of the head with tissue and cleaned...
  11. P

    Pixma mg5150 error #5100

    I have acquired from Ebay this very nice printer as faulty and showing error code #5100 on the LCD, and hoping to fix it. The MG5150 manual is not available from Canon - only the MG5100. But that manual does not give the 5100 code (all codes shown there start with B***, or are messages), so I...
  12. P

    Planning to refill with PG-510 and CL-511 cartridges

    If the construction is the same as the PG40/CL41 carts then, from this video, it looks quite straightforward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aPqD0G714
  13. P

    MP600 - Faulty printhead?

    Just to let those who replied know that they were right. I ordered a head from CRC as recommended by PeterBj and it's now firing correctly on all colours Thanks again to all.
Back
Top