Recent content by jctay

  1. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    Compatible Profiling Target The patch layouts used by i1Profiler and ChromIQ differ. Attempts were made to rotate and mirror the target to achieve a layout that can be recognized by both applications, but this was unsuccessful. The objective is to develop a common profiling target that is...
  2. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    ChromIQ v.4.3.3-beta.7 The issue I previously reported regarding the strip and patch patterns has been resolved. The program is now much more responsive than before.
  3. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    I revisited the issue, measured the Lab value, and confirmed the hovered data using the patch tool. Everything is confirmed to be in good order. Thank you
  4. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    Thank you for your prompt response. RGB Value Representation .ti3 uses a different base from the norm. When viewing RGB values by hovering over the measured patch, I think the standard representation using a base of 256 (2⁸) is still preferable. Thank you
  5. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    ChromIQ Workflow Improvement Suggestion Measurement Phase Regular Recalibration: When using older-generation devices such as the i1Pro1, regular recalibration is required when measuring targets with large patch sizes. Measurement Interruption: The current measurement process requires the...
  6. J

    [Tool] ChromIQ – a macOS and Windows GUI for ArgyllCMS printer profiling (v4.3.0)

    ChromIQ 4.3.2 Changes to the default strip and patch patterns can cause measurement errors in measurement mode, as observed when tested with both the i1Pro2 and i1Pro3. Using default parameters avoids this issue.
  7. J

    SELPHY CP1500 Custom Profiles: Best Measurement Conditions?

    🍺Thank you for taking the time to look into this. Years ago, I created a reliable profile for the Selphy CP800 using ColorPort and the DTP41. Recently, I tried creating a profile using i1Profiler with its self-generated patches, but the photos printed noticeably too blue with the resulting...
  8. J

    SELPHY CP1500 Custom Profiles: Best Measurement Conditions?

    :) Hi, I’ve run into a bit of a decision point regarding the measurement conditions for printer profiling—M0, M1, or M2. For those of you who have created custom ICC profiles for dye-sublimation printers such as the Canon SELPHY CP1500, how do you approach this? Do you generally stick with...
  9. J

    Hi

    i1Pro3
  10. J

    Hi

    Thank you for your pointers. I’m currently trying out ChromIQ, and the results look promising so far.
  11. J

    Hi

    Hello everyone! :) I’m retired and have recently started exploring printer profiling as a hobby. I’m looking forward to learning from the community and would really appreciate any guidance or advice. I currently own a Canon CP1500, which I mainly use for printing family photos.
Back
Top