Possible to disable BCI-3 E BK on IP4000 head QY6-0049 ?

furziger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
WorkForce WP-7620
Without text black, or eventually at the most with adding some textblack to the deepest areas...

Exactly this is my problem, he doesn't completely ignore pigment-black and prints with both, so the deepest areas are white instead of black.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Just to be sure: it only works when the printer is set on printing "duplex" , changing the sides of one sheet automatically! Hook on both "Duplexdruck" and "automatisch" (in the german driver - at the tab: "seiten einstellungen")
PS: quality "high", farbeinstellungen "auto"

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I made a 2 page "Lorem Ipsum" document and printed it in auto-duplex mode using an iP4000. Using the "Plain Paper" setting the both sides of the document are printed using pigment ink. This is verified with a webcam modified to work in the near infrared. Pigment black looks normal and dye black is invisible or nearly so in infrared light. Using the "Photo Paper Plus Double Sided" setting both sides are printed using dye black (photo black). This was also verified with the modified webcam.

Using other paper settings than the two mentioned causes the settings for auto-duplex printing to be greyed out, meaning automatic duplex printing is not possible. See this:

iP4000 duplex.jpg

furziger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
WorkForce WP-7620
Funny, about half an hour ago I found it out myself. Why didn't I recognize this "Photo Paper Plus Double Sided" ever before? Things happen. But thanks anway for your effort.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Just printed a text document on plain paper,
which means 100% "dark" lettters and as such printed normally using only text black ink,

twice, one after the other,
- both prints with the main tab set like this:
printingonPP-tab1.jpg
- but the first print with "page" tab set like this
printingonPP-tab2a-noduplex.jpg
- and the second print with "page" tab set like this
printingonPP-tab2b-duplex.jpg

Here are the results, first print on top, second on bottom:
printingonPP-duplex-noduplex.jpg

And here is a test image with gradient, difference is not big (due to thin 80g paper), but big enough to say: no textblack with duplex on plain paper, I think:
printingonPP-duplex-noduplex_gradient.jpg

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
This seems to be a mystery... although useless for me, I would like to uncover it...
And I just found: I can not reproduce my own finding of my previous post with another ip4000 ! (having three of these best refilllable chipless models)
Same driver same OS - but a different firmware version! Can't say which number, but I know that all my ip4000 have a different numbers on a extended service print.
So that's my explanation for now: a firmware thing... good night ..

furziger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
WorkForce WP-7620
Yeah! mystery solved ;-) I tried to get out a service print, but....... you got it, I got a blank white page ;-)