Epson artisan 810 continuous ink

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi. i am buying epson artisan 810 all in one printer for my office. i am a nutritionist so as you can imagine i will have to print a lot. so i have to buy a ciss system....
first i want to ask something about the cis itself. is there a problem if the cis system is behind the printer so the customer will not be able to see it?

i have seen a lot of cis systems on ebay and i am confused which should i buy. should i buy something like these which is the cheapest solution?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CISS-Continuo...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item53e3af503c

or the piano book which is the most expensive solution?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EPSON-Artisan.../150424096775?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item2305f99007

should i have any leaking problems with anyone of the above? in which of the above is the easier for ink refill? the piano book or the plain cis system?

i am open to any suggestion for cis systems....

sorry for my bad english....:D

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Some of the newer Epson printers may not like auto reset chips now. My Artisan 50 was very difficult to get to reset the auto reset chips, a button CISS solves the problem. Generally it doesn't matter where you place the CISS as long as it's on the same level as the printer or slightly lower, if it's too high you may end up with a siphoning problem and the ink leaking out.

Also when using aftermarket ink you'll need to profile the printer to get truly accurate color. Sometimes messing with the sliders get's you close enough. Depends on how picky you are about the color. But in my opinion I think you should get one that has the reset button. Because it looks like even the cheap guy admits you'll have to remove and replace the cartridge to reset it, this only tends to reset the empty cart. The rest don't reset so you'll be doing this a lot. On my Artisan 50 it's worse, you had to remove the carts, press the ink button while the carriage is empty, let the printer realize there are no carts, then press the ink button again to load the carts and then install the carts again. A long lengthy procedure that needed to be done as each color ran out. The button just simply needs to be pressed and held for some time and all carts reset. So I suggest making sure you get button reset carts.

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In my opinion, I would not recommend All-in-one printers... of any brand.

I do not like the fact that all these devices are in one machine and once 1 breaks, it's like you lose all the other functions. How?

1. You call in for service and when they say you have to bring it to them or you may have to leave it there for a couple of days.... there goes your scanner, your printer and your fax.

2. Let's say it takes long for this device to fall apart.. but once it does, it's kinda annoying that your $300 scanner/printer/fax... is now just a $300 fax machine. (or one of the 3)

Again, this is only my opinion... and also based on some friends who's had experience on all in one printers. If you just like the printing function, then go for a dedicated printer.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
qwertydude said:
Some of the newer Epson printers may not like auto reset chips now. My Artisan 50 was very difficult to get to reset the auto reset chips, a button CISS solves the problem. Generally it doesn't matter where you place the CISS as long as it's on the same level as the printer or slightly lower, if it's too high you may end up with a siphoning problem and the ink leaking out.

Also when using aftermarket ink you'll need to profile the printer to get truly accurate color. Sometimes messing with the sliders get's you close enough. Depends on how picky you are about the color. But in my opinion I think you should get one that has the reset button. Because it looks like even the cheap guy admits you'll have to remove and replace the cartridge to reset it, this only tends to reset the empty cart. The rest don't reset so you'll be doing this a lot. On my Artisan 50 it's worse, you had to remove the carts, press the ink button while the carriage is empty, let the printer realize there are no carts, then press the ink button again to load the carts and then install the carts again. A long lengthy procedure that needed to be done as each color ran out. The button just simply needs to be pressed and held for some time and all carts reset. So I suggest making sure you get button reset carts.
thx for the info. i will try to find one with reset button (i have a ciss already on my old epson and it has a reset button)
the cis will be on the same level with the printer but behind it. so it cant be seen.
what about the cis choise? which of the above i mentioned do you think is the best?
please all the people with artisan 800 answer this....

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
My stock answer with any CIS requests for dye/Claria *Epsons now is to talk to Rihac.com.au (or a local reseller) but I'd be repeating myself so if you do a search on "Rihac artisan" and you should find some useful information.

Hope that's of some use.

iP4XXX

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610, Canon iP4200
websnail said:
My stock answer with any CIS requests for dye/Claria Canons now is to talk to Rihac.com.au (or a local reseller) but I'd be repeating myself so if you do a search on "Rihac artisan" and you should find some useful information.

Hope that's of some use.
I believe Martin(websnail) meant to say "dye/Claria Epsons."

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
iP4XXX said:
websnail said:
My stock answer with any CIS requests for dye/Claria Canons ...
I believe Martin(websnail) meant to say "dye/Claria Epsons."
Thank-you for catching my "deliberate" mistake... Good to see you're awake back there...

*ahem* ;)

CPM

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I can't help you with the exact model but I recently purchased one on eBay in the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CISSwith-Inkset...t=BI_Toner&hash=item2eb01093e3#ht_5172wt_1082

I just installed it yesterday and so far it works great. First photo printed was perfect!

It looks very similar to one of the ones you are looking at.

My main priority was using great quality ink and I believe/hope I have. Ink is the absolute key.

Regards