Epson artisan 810 continuous ink

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
If you're unsure of the quality of the inks, don't use them. I would only use quality ink from a reputable source, you'll get better quality output and less clogging/problems down the road.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I believe new Epsons require you to install the OEM inks the first time you come to use it or the printer will not function properly... (or am I thinking of a different brand?)

If I'm right the reason for this is to stop people buying printers and re-selling the consumables un-opened as it's become something of a grey market.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i installed the original cartridges but i have a problem. i only printed a few text pages and the ink went to half....why so fast?

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
djkokalis said:
i installed the original cartridges but i have a problem. i only printed a few text pages and the ink went to half....why so fast?
The printer has to prime the system first go around, which takes quite a bit of ink

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
RMM said:
djkokalis said:
The printer has to prime the system first go around, which takes quite a bit of ink
i understand that but the half?????

is there any way to reset them?

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
my ciss is working perfect but one question i have is how to reset the ink levels....there is not a chip resetter on the cis. i thought that powering off and on my printer will reset the level of the inks but nothing like that happened. what is the trick for this?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
djkokalis said:
my ciss is working perfect but one question i have is how to reset the ink levels....there is not a chip resetter on the cis. i thought that powering off and on my printer will reset the level of the inks but nothing like that happened. what is the trick for this?
I suspect your chips will only reset when they read empty... I recently got some updated intel that indicated it was a limitation that the newer Epson printers have thanks to their firmware although I have no idea how or why that would be the case.

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
djkokalis said:
Hi there

You cannot force a reset of your ink levels.

Printer will calculate usage, giving you a error message when it is time to take action. (ignore OS warnings)

With the multi chip version 6.0 revised chip set, you power down to reset, only the cartridge that has been exhausted will be reset.

cheers
LJH