CISS plug broke - ink all over

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Thanks Hat. I put all OEM cartridges in (I had some old ones) of which three were empty (not cyan). Everything registered but it said those three were out of ink and need to be replaced. Then I put the CISS back in and same thing - cyan is not recognized. I'm afraid I am done with my epson and my piano book. At this point I don't think my CISS is still good and yet I would hate to invest in another one not knowing if my printer is good so I think I have to declare them both done. I don't know how to replace the cyan chip on the piano book CISS. Seems i would have to buy another unit or go with refillables and that is too costly not knowing if the printer is still good. Thanks for all your help.

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Cartridge not recognized is the normal message when it is time to reset..Power off then power on. If that does work make sure chip contacts are clean and making a good physical connection.

If you want a chip replacement send me a photo of the cartridge with the chip off..We used thru the years different cartridges for the Artisans. (The chip just slides off)

If it is like the one below I will send you a replacement at no charge...

cheers
LJH

Last edited:

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Rechip multi.jpg

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Hey thank-you ever so much Leonard. Here is a pic of the chip on my CISS. Blessings to you!

chip epson CISS.jpg

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Thanks for sending the chip Leonard. Just got it in the mail today. Plan to spend some time with the printer on Saturday. Will post once I have it up and running (thinking positive)!

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Wow - never say never. Can't hardly believe it but I am up and printing again on the Epson 710 that I thought was gone for good. The chip did it! Thank-you Leonard! And thanks to all who encouraged me to not give up!! It is amazing the amount of trial and error doctoring that I have done on this printer and it is still running. You would think these things are really touchy but in actuality they can take an awful lot of abuse and still be resurrected with the help of people like all of you. :celebrate

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That’s really great news @annel, now you know to never give up on these printers when there is still a spark of life left in them, @Leonardjohn has proven once again how good he is to his customers, he doesn’t give up either.. :D