CISS or Refill for PRO-100 ?

oreos

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
I ordered the 32oz PC42 Squezy Deluxe Kit with Resetter,Squezy. Since I have not unboxed the printer yet, I 'll take your advice and not use the OEM yellow. What do you recommend for maintenance?

thank you,

john

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Great!

Be mindful of the Yellow ink jello that can form when you switch to aftermarket ink with this printer. Personally, I would not even use the OEM Yellow and go straight to Precision Colors Yellow in a flushed OEM Canon cartridge.

If you bought a refill kit from Precision Colors then a flushed OEM cartridge for refilling Yellow is included.
That’s about the best information I’ve heard yet, just don’t use the OEM yellow and that will avoid the Yello Gello problem all together , just use a converted refilled CLI-8 instead.
Nice one @stratman..:thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I ordered the 32oz PC42 Squezy Deluxe Kit with Resetter,Squezy.
The Squezy bottle system is the way to go. Much easier than using syringes.

What do you recommend for maintenance?
Not sure what you mean, but, it is recommended to print something once a week that uses all the ink cartridges' colors, such as a nozzle print at the very least, in order to decrease risk of print head ink clogs.

If you get problems printing a color then stop continuing to print anything but nozzle checks and post one on the forum for assistance. The Canon print head requires liquid ink to cool it during printing and a lack of ink may cause print head burn out necessitating a new print head. I am currently on my third print head - they can malfunction for no apparent reason amongst other reasons - and have a stock of back up print heads. You may consider purchasing a new print head as back up as well while Canon still manufactures them (and probably will for at least 3-5 more years). Buying from Canon directly has been the best pricing for me in the past.

After you see the great output from this printer, and its ease of refilling, you may want to keep it around for a while. You may even want to purchase a backup if they are offered at $40 again! That may sound nuts but we are coconuts for printers on the forum. :D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
That’s about the best information I’ve heard yet, just don’t use the OEM yellow and that will avoid the Yello Gello problem all together , just use a converted refilled CLI-8 instead.
Nice one @stratman..:thumbsup
Thank you, sir. Proof that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn. :)