Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
fantastic rodeo shots! really stopped action and captured the moment.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Visited a local lavender farm this afternoon.

Varieties of lavender
Varieties of lavender2.jpg

Snoozing among 24 varieties of lavender
Snooze among 24 varieties of lavender.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
OK 3 dogs it’s been half a year since you started this thread so I’d like to know if your idea of a simple Photo thread is as good as you hoped it would be, or a bit of a let down, I for one think it’s been a huge success in more ways than I could say on one page.
From me anyway well done..:hugs

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/any-interest-in-a-simple-photo-thread.9530/#post-77273

To be honest I had no fixed idea at the time. What is evolving is a place for folks to post amongst friends without the thought that some smart A$$ is going to set to writing a load of rubbish to massage their own ego.

Way to go yet because I would really like to see folks that would NEVER put their ' snaps ' up on the web have a go. Well this is the web but its also a safe place on the web.
Folks have said some real pleasing things about my pictures.......I was also really nervous about posting my offerings. The fact that they were accepted, viewed and allowed to RIP built my confidence to try again.

Printing is (to me) about the process of getting something recorded. Often we would also like to share, but may not have folks that will look and appreciate the journey.

For the future I am in hopes folks will take the road of : eg " took the camera along and shot a few. The light on th subject caught my attention, or the colours were in your face bright......think I captured that?" ...a post of "like" says someone thought yes! So when you come to print that image its outcome is to reproduce that effect on your chosen paper. THAT to me is value adding to printing...

Too wordy @TheHat ??

Last edited:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
You guys might enjoy this. This guy is licking his lips.
Licking lips.IMG_2174.jpg
Click on the image for a larger version.

Unfortunately, these guys don't save their tricks for good lighting days, and they don't wait for me to focus. Expect more to come.

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
The Leeds Liverpool Bridgewater canal at Leigh town center, Gtr Manchester.

Imagine, if I've had had a pint or two anything could have happened. I had to crop the jpeg to upload it. Its one of them pictures that looks confusing when looking at arms length.

The camera is a Canon A650IS, I can't remember what setting I used.

Dave

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 330

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
A black swan on the farm next door to my favorite watering hole, Foresters Arms at Glazebury, they also have a Emu, I just got the camera out of the way before it snapped at the lens - it looked docile, it looked friendly but it's a 'snapper' I will keep at a distance in future.

Taken with a Canon A650IS

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 317

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
A black swan on the farm next door to my favorite watering hole, Foresters Arms at Glazebury, they also have a Emu, I just got the camera out of the way before it snapped at the lens - it looked docile, it looked friendly but it's a 'snapper' I will keep at a distance in future.

Taken with a Canon A650IS

Dave
We have a Sanctuary at Healsvill where native animals are displayed/cared for and studied. There are a number of Emus roaming the area. Best entrertainment by far is to watch newbie visitors try to have lunch. The emus are adept at gently insinuating themselves onto the lunch party then at just the right moment plucking a mouthbound sandwitch deftly from the grasp of the chosen victim. One of these days I am going to do a series, capturing the reaction of the tourists.

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
'One of these days I am going to do a series, capturing the reaction of the tourists.'

That would be interesting and fun, you are bound get some good shot's, a matter of being in the right place at the right time I guess.... and waiting.

I don't know much about EMU's, to me they seem more inquisitive than being anything else. I guess they are a bit like swans.... down in the canal they look mighty fine in the water and folks are all for them, let them get out the water and folks seem to scatter - they suddenly become 6 foot tall kinda thing, folks look amazed when they feed out my hand - with dog alongside!

There's a grey heron knocking about, I have seen it near the canal but never with a camera. I reckon it's on the banks of River Glazebrook (this actually goes under the canal!!!!), there's plenty of hiding places there on the common in the overgrown shrubs - as usual, you dash out with the camera and it's gone!

Good luck, Dave